Tuesday, June 10, 2014

<>the long road trip<>

I knew that I wanted to write a book. I just didn't know how. I knew I wanted it to be about sewing and be full of new, fun, fresh sewing projects. I just didn't know what.

            Memory Quilt from Modern Prairie Sewing: 20 Handmade Projects for You and Your Friends

I told my parents that I wanted to write a sewing book. I got the normal response. "Sure! Knock yourself out." "Go for it."  So I did!

I spent hours drawing up patterns and testing them out. My sisters told me what was perfect and what needed to be fixed. It was awesome! I kept going over pattern instructions. When Nan flew down one February, she helped me finalize some math and fitting on some of the clothing pieces.

I sent my proposal to C&T publishing. They wanted it! I was hyper. I didn't know what I was doing. But all that I didn't know, the helpful, beautiful people at C&T did!  They walked me through every step and were so enthusiastic about my book. It made me more excited than I already was!

                       One of my best friends, Jane, (A+adorable, I know) modeling the Mia bag from 
                          Modern Prairie Sewing: 20 Handmade Projects for You and Your Friends

A C&T photographer, Nissa, came out and spent two days with us. Wow! What a blast. (And she's SO cute!) She knew just how to capture everything and was amazing at working around our hide-n-seek sunlight.

             One of my best friends, Becky, (cutest, right?), modeling the Sunny Day skirt from
                Modern Prairie Sewing: 20 Handmade Projects for You and Your Friends

Now. The book's finished! And hopefully, all you lovely people who love to sew or want to learn to sew, can have your own copy in July!!!!  I'm so excited and happy with Modern Prairie Sewing and can't wait to see what all you sew up from it! Tell me! Show me! I want to see it, too.

It was like a long road trip. Like you're never going to get there. But when you finally do, the view is better, the family & friends hugs are tighter, the sloppy Joe's are tastier and it's all pretty wonderful.

I started it when I was 18. Now I'm 21. It's all pretty wonderful.
Thanks C&T!  Love you, awesome friends!!!

XO Abi

No comments:

Post a Comment