Thursday, May 14, 2015

Nanny's Fantastic Sloppy Joe's



I know. I know. This blog is all about sewing and crafty stuff. But I was so happy with the rave reviews I received after I made my Nanny's Sloppy Joe's today, that I decided I should share it with all of you. I can promise you that it'll be a quick weekend meal!

First. No one can make a Sloppy Joe like our Nan can! She seriously has the touch. So you are mighty lucky that I'm letting this recipe out of the bag. Second. What I love most about this recipe is the fact that nothing is measured. Absolutely nothing! You throw everything in the skillet and then taste. Third. You can call this by more than one name. It's been known to be called "Sloppy Sam" too. Actually, we will run through a list of names before we decide what kind of sloppy we'll be eating that meal!!

Now for the recipe....

Nanny's Sloppy Joe's 

1 1/2 pounds ground beef browned and drained of grease.
Throw on top of your beef: 
                                  -ketchup
                                  -little bit of mustard
                                  -little bit of vinegar
                                  -brown sugar
                                  -garlic salt
Mix. Taste. Voila!

Hints for yummy Sloppy Joe's:  If your mixture tastes too sweet, add a little bit more of vinegar and mustard. If your mixture is too dry, add ketchup. If your mixture's not sweet enough, add brown sugar. 

Enjoy! And feel loved that I shared it with you.
xo Abi

No comments:

Post a Comment