Monday, July 13, 2015

a knit maxi dress for Her.


Do you ever see something that you really love, 
but just can't bring yourself to spend the money on it?
Yeah, us too.

Well, for a long time now, we've admired this gorgeous maxi dress from Boden.
My sisters and I were talking and I remembered this dress pattern I'd picked up one year at Quilt Market from Kay Whitt of Sew Serendipity. I'd made the dress previously out of rayon and loved it.

Sew!
Why wouldn't it work made out of knit, substitute the pleat in the front and back of the dress for gathers, forget the sleeves and zipper and have your own Boden dream dress without the price?!

Achaia and I started cutting into a watery floral print we had on hand and I started sewing.
Achaia was super happy with how her dress turned out!
After all, that's all that matters. 

xo Abi

No comments:

Post a Comment