Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Nesting.

When I hear a friend is having a baby, my first thought is, "What can I make them?".
Well, actually. That's my second thought. My first thought is, "YAY! I love babies!!!"
 
I almost always come back to this adorable Henny Penny and her little chicks. 
The pattern is from Anna Maria Horner's book Handmade Beginnings.

So when I heard that our sweet and adorable friend was pregnant with her first 
and that it was a little boy, I pulled out Handmade Beginnings off of my bookshelf and got to cutting out. We decided to go with a slightly more boyish color scheme, while still choosing a print that would be suitable for Henny Penny herself. 
She has six adorable chicks tucked under her wings too.
I think she's happy with that. 

xo Abi

No comments:

Post a Comment