Monday, October 19, 2015

While it's still fall!

I'm typically a little late when it comes to sewing up my fall clothes. 
Living in the Ozarks doesn't give a lot fall-feeling days. One day it's short sleeves and the next day I'm looking for the thickest sweater I own! I'm okay with that though, but this year I've tried to really look for any bit of autumn coolness so I can enjoy it while it's here! 

When my sweet friend, Melinda, gave me this fabric, I was so excited to make something with it! 
It took a full 2 minutes for me to decide that I was going to use this fun fabric to make a tunic.

The Lela tunic was easy to sew. Really. I whipped it up in an afternoon and wore it that evening. 
It's comfortable and great to wear. Just perfect for fall.

However, I'll be truthful and say that I'm not calling it my 'Lela' tunic, but my 'Melinda' tunic.
Because if it weren't for her, I wouldn't have it anyway.
Thanks, Melinda! Love you!
xo Abi

No comments:

Post a Comment