Monday, November 16, 2015

HOW Do You Sew & WHY?

I've always had my sewing machine set up at a table and since the time I learned how, have been sitting while I sew. However, when it was time for me to sew my Reflections quilt together, I knew that wrestling with it on my table (with my sister's sewing machine + supplies right next to mine), that setting my machine up on our big studio counter would be so much easier. 
Since then.... well, I haven't gone back!
I love standing while I sew. I'm already up so moving around the counter as I'm working on my project is no big deal. The iron is just a couple steps away. 
It just works.
We do have nice plushy mats around half of our big counter top, so even when I do get a little tired of standing, the mats help my feet.

So how about for you?! Do you sew standing up or sitting down? 
Which do you prefer and why?
I'd love to hear your thoughts!

xo Abi

No comments:

Post a Comment